Nudge Challenge Week 75 = Gratitude

NUDGED: "Keep a gratitude journal for 7 days, 10 things each day"

BACKSTORY: I"m excited for this nudge as it is something I can do while social distancing and being quarantined. It will be good to focus on the good things in this season of uncertainty. I pulled out my old gratitude notebook, dusted it off (ha!), and made plans to write at least 10 things each day that I am grateful for.

QUOTE: "Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world." - Sarah Ban Breathnach

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WEEK: The hardest part of this nudge was remembering to do it each day! I have so many things to be grateful for, that it didn't take long to list 10 things each day once I got started. My list included a range of things from my family to my comfy bed to watching a sunrise one morning. It definitely made me pay more attention to what was happening around me!

I noticed I was smiling as I listed the items each day. 

The idea for this nudge and the 52Nudges project came from Kathleen Guthrie Woods, and oddly enough, she drew and worked on the same nudge for her project this week too. You can see how it turned out for her at 52Nudges.

LESSONS LEARNED: Focus on the silver lining and the good things happening in my life, instead of the things I can't change (namely the Coronavirus). I get to spend more time at home pursuing my passions (reading, writing, crocheting, sewing). I get to spend quality time with my hubs and dog. I am grateful that I am still working at my job, have a regular paycheck, and coworkers that I like and still work with (from a distance!).  I have a supportive family and friends that I am grateful for also.

I am amazed at how blessed I am when I stop to count, literally, the good things in my life.

NEXT UP: I had to draw a few nudges this week to find one that works without me being around many people or at a public store. I found one though, one that has been on my to do list for a long time. My new nudge is "Re-write my prayer targets and pray specifically".

I started a list of prayer targets after I saw the movie War Room, which encouraged me to pray boldly and specifically for my most important requests. I hung this list on the wall in my prayer closet years ago. I am grateful that many of my prayers were answered on that list. Time for a new list with new prayers for 2020!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1, Nudge 1 = "Change My Routine"

Nudge Challenge Week 81 = Picnic

Nudge Challenge Week 25 = Capturing Joy