Carrie's Top Reads and Goodreads

Me again! I'm back again to write about something I really enjoy - BOOKS! I can't resist a good used book sale and love getting book recommendations from trusted sources (which I purchase online soon after!). I'm even starting to use the library more often, which makes my budget happy!

Years ago, I found myself with stacks of books I hadn't read and was running out of space. My bookshelf was completely overwhelmed. I made a goal in 2015 that I would read every book I owned, and have been working steadily towards my goal since. I have read just under 200 books since then (what?!) including 47 books I've finished this year. HOORAY FOR GOALS AND READING! However, I still have many more to go....and I keep buying more!

After a book I own is finished, I decide to keep it forever or get rid of it. Only the best of the best books get a place on my bookshelf and will be kept. Other books I didn't like or don't feel I would read again are given away, donated, or sold.

Part of my beautiful bookshelf! At least all the books fit on it now...


I keep a detailed list of the books I've read, with titles, authors, date finished, what I thought of it, and what lesson(s) I learned. Recently, I stumbled into Goodreads which provides a place for this list, as well as a list of what I am currently reading and list of books I want to read. It is awesome and has completely sucked me in for many hours.

Side point: My book list in Goodreads is totally unique to me and not like anyone else's list. In the same way, my 86 Nudges project is specific to me and my goals, and would look different for anyone else working on the project. I love how we can all relate and support each other, even when our goals are vastly different.

With putting my list of books into Goodreads, I am able to rate each book with stars according to how much I liked it (1 to 5 stars). I can sort my list easily with my ratings so I can view the best books I have read recently, which is very helpful to recommend them to others.

Thinking about books lately, I wanted to post my top ten list of favorites that I have read in the last few years. Many of them have made me think differently and taught me valuable lessons. If you haven't read any of these yet, I suggest you put it on your to-read list!

1)  "The Road Back to You: An Enneagram Journey to Self-Discovery" by Ian Morgan Cron - this is the book I talk about a lot and recommend to lots of people! So eye-opening.

2) "The Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman - this is the book that has helped my marriage more than any other and the book I give as a wedding gift often.

3) "The Power of When: Discover Your Chronotype" by Michael Breus - great info that I immedately put into action in my life.

4) "7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess" by Jen Hatmaker - this book messed me up and opened my eyes. It was the first book from this author that I read, and have now finished several other of her books. All very good!!

5) "I'm Happy For You" by Kay Wills Wyma - good info I use all the time!

6) "Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking" by Susan Cain

7) "Living the Life Unexpected: 12 Weeks to Your Plan B for a Meaningful and Fulfilling Future Without Children" by Jody Day

8) "The Happiness Project" by Gretchen Rubin

9) "When Breath Becomes Air" by Paul Kalanithi

10) "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up" by Marie Kondo


Do you have a book you are reading that you highly recommend? Let me know!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1, Nudge 1 = "Change My Routine"

Nudge Challenge Week 81 = Picnic

Nudge Challenge Week 25 = Capturing Joy