Nudge Challenge Week 92 = Splurge

NUDGED: "Splurge on something for me"

BACKSTORY: I am a saver and don't usually spend money on myself, especially for purchases just for fun. While this nudge may be easy for some people, it will be a challenge for me! I want to find something that will bring me joy, then splurge on it...without feeling guilty. That's difficult!

QUOTE: "Some things are worth the splurge." - Kiernan Shipka


HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WEEK: This week, I was on the lookout for that "extra" thing that would give me joy. I surprised myself and found several things to splurge on!

1) In addition to our normal groceries, I also bought myself an iced coffee (love these!) and a small container of mint chocolate chip ice cream that was made from coconut milk. I would normally be amazed at this special ice cream then put it back, but this time I decided to purchase it as a splurge. I am so glad I did. It was delicious! I am so happy that I discovered a new way I can enjoy ice cream again, since dairy doesn't agree with me.

Picture of ice cream and iced coffee
My first two splurges of the week. Yum!

2) A few nights later, I met a friend for dessert and catching up. I splurged there too and got a big slice of chocolate cake. It was so good! We sat outside (social distancing!) and enjoyed good conversation with our yummy food.

Picture of a slice of chocolate cake.
Another splurge - chocolate cake! Also yum.

3) Near the end of the week, I found myself engrossed in research trying to solve a problem I have had for awhile with my house plants. When I found a good solution, I ordered the needed supplies online right away and something extra for myself. I was really surprised at how happy this made me! To help all my plants with proper drainage, I bought mini assorted pebbles and horticultural charcoal. My splurge was getting 5 new cute white pots so the plants on my kitchen window ledge will all look uniform! I'm so excited about this!

LESSONS LEARNED: I realized this week how hard it is for me to buy items for myself. Recently, I bought some needed items for our dog and didn't hesitate to add an extra toy and bone for her in the order. I am worth the splurge and don't have to feel guilty about it!

NEXT UP: The challenge I will be working on this week is to "read through an old journal." Ha! I have numerous journals from all ages of my life, but I don't ever go back and re-read them. I don't know why. It will be interesting to see what I find then!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1, Nudge 1 = "Change My Routine"

Nudge Challenge Week 81 = Picnic

Nudge Challenge Week 25 = Capturing Joy