Nudge Challenge Week 82 = Exploring

NUDGED: "Drive a new street/area"

BACKSTORY: It's so easy to get into a rut. Each weekday, I drive to work and back home, usually with little variance to my route. I see changes and new construction that happens along my normal streets, but miss what else is happening around the city. The nudge this week encourages me to get out of my comfort zone (literally!) and check out a new street or area.

QUOTE: "There are wonders to see, to feel, to enjoy, once you get out of your comfort zone." - Unknown 

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WEEK: I took to the road this week and checked out some "new to me" areas. One evening, I drove around a residential area with big, expensive homes, then a once-familiar neighborhood that my friends used to live in. Both areas were not as I remembered as a child/teen. The houses didn't seem as big and as grand as before, and I thought of all the work it takes to be a homeowner. This was not something that occurred to me as a kid!

On Saturday, the hubs and I got out of the house and went for a drive. We checked out other areas of the town that we don't get to often. We even saw the new high school they are building - it was our first time out there to see it! There were also more residential developments, streets, and businesses than before.

As we drove around, I was interested to see how businesses and restaurants were doing. Some parking lots were very full of cars and others still sat empty. We reminisced about all the restaurants we wanted to go to that we miss right now. 

LESSONS LEARNED: Staying home and social distancing is hard for everyone. I took for granted the ability to go to any restaurant or business whenever I wanted. The world has changed in a few months and we are still trying to figure out what the future looks like as places start to reopen. I miss eating in restaurants, but am learning to be content with what we do have. 

NEXT UP: "Wear different shoes every day" is my new nudge for the week. This is a good one as I have many (too many?!) pairs of shoes, most that are seldom worn. It will be a good way to see which ones are the most comfortable and which I can part with.

You are welcome to join me on my nudge for this week! What item to do have large quantities of, but only wear a percentage? I invite you to try wearing/using items to see how it feels and to let go of the ones that you don't enjoy.

Let's go!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1, Nudge 1 = "Change My Routine"

Nudge Challenge Week 81 = Picnic

Nudge Challenge Week 25 = Capturing Joy