Nudge Challenge Week 76 = Prayer List

NUDGED: "Re-write my prayer targets and pray specifically"

BACKSTORY: I started a list of prayer targets after I saw the movie War Room, which encouraged me to pray boldly and specifically for my most important requests. I hung this list on the wall in my prayer closet. The original list was created on 11-15-15. I haven't created a new list since then...until I got nudged this week to do it! 

QUOTE: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." - Philippians 4:6 (NIV)

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WEEK: Maybe it was lingering effects from my last nudge of gratitude, but I started this nudge with gratefulness. I reviewed my prayer list from 2015 of all things that seemed impossible to me at the time, and seven items had been answered decisively. Praise God! 

Then I started brainstorming my new prayer list. I made one big, long list that included my new prayer requests and some prayers from my previous list. Afterward I challenged myself to think bigger and add things that seem really, really impossible to me. I made sure each item was specific and impossible (to me!) so God would get all the credit.

I narrowed my list down to the top 20 prayer requests for 2020. It includes certain people coming to Christ, marriages, my church, family and friends, my five Godchildren, my work, justice, health, peace for infertile couples, and opportunities to use my spiritual gifts.

I said a prayer of dedication while putting it up on my wall. I felt peace afterward.

And I will continue to pray.

LESSONS LEARNED: God answers prayers, but I miss it if I am not intentional. I need to continue to record my prayers and track responses. I also need to revisit this list frequently and trust that God hears my prayers and is working, even when I don't see it.

NEXT UP: I only had to draw one nudge this week to find one that works within CDC guidelines! The new nudge is "Do a daily writing prompt each day this week". I own several books that offer space to write a few lines each day or respond to a writing prompt. I love buying these books and love writing, but haven't made writing in them a habit yet. Time to start it this week!

Stay healthy and wash your hands! Have a good week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1, Nudge 1 = "Change My Routine"

Nudge Challenge Week 81 = Picnic

Nudge Challenge Week 25 = Capturing Joy