Nudge Challenge Week 50 = Vision Board

NOTE: Make sure to read all the way to the end for a special announcement!

NUDGED: "Make a Pinterest board of my favorite things"

BACKSTORY: Even though I like the website/application and all the pretty things you can find on it, I haven't been on Pinterest in a long time and it has been even longer since I last created a new board. My goal for this nudge was to create a vision board of all my favorite things. This begs the questions: what are my favorite things? Who am I as a person? What do I want my future to look like?

QUOTE: "You are the author of your life. If you don't like how it goes, write it differently." - Jesse Lyn Stoner

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WEEK: I was a little apprehensive starting this week as I had no idea how it would turn out. I struggle making vision boards on paper as I don't have a clear vision for how to start. Ha! I was brave and took the first baby step for this nudge: I created a new board called "Favorite things" (hat tip to Julie Andrews!). I decided to make the Pinterest board private so I had the freedom to add whatever spoke to me, without judgment or questions from others.

Then I started adding fun pictures of things that make me happy. Once I did that, Pinterest offered me suggestions of similar pins, which then helped me find even more similar items. I went down the rabbit hole (which is appropriate for this SDSU Jackrabbit!). Before I knew it, over the course of a week, I saved 45 meaningful pins to my new board, and my Pinterest home page was full of additional items that felt like ME.

The pins I saved included pictures of powerful women I admire, coffee, books, lists, organization, writing, journal prompts, women weight lifting, recipes (chocolate!!), good quotes, things that make me laugh, handlettering, prayer topics, and crafts. So many good things! Here's one of my favorite pins I saved this week, which caused me to purchase a similar lamp for my own reading nook: 

Cozy Reading Nook from cabanastateofmind.com


I didn't make a "vision board" like I originally thought, but it ended up being a board of miscellaneous things that inspire me and make me happy. I call that a win!

LESSONS LEARNED: I changed my focus this week and spent more time on Pinterest than Facebook. I was happier as a result. My time was spent with things that spoke to me and made me happy, instead of seeing what others were doing, eating and thinking. It was a powerful shift in my mindset. I realized that I prefer to spend time working on my own goals rather than getting swept up in other peoples' rants and drama. "Swim in my own lane" echoed in my thoughts this week. It's what I intend to keep doing (even if I literally can't swim!)!

NEXT UP: The new nudge for this week has been drawn from my special wooden box, and it is "learn the names of people I come in contact with". Good one! I see the same people regularly but don't always know their names (like store clerks, mail carriers, etc.). Names are important, and it is time to get out of my comfort zone to ask (and remember!) people's names.


SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: One of my past nudges will be featured this week on Kathleen Guthrie Woods' blog! She is the original founder of the 52 Nudges project, which inspired me to start my own challenge. I am SO HONORED to be a featured on her blog this week and next week. Completing nudges has helped me get out of my comfort zone and have more joy in my everyday life. I appreciate her inspiration and example!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1, Nudge 1 = "Change My Routine"

Nudge Challenge Week 81 = Picnic

Nudge Challenge Week 25 = Capturing Joy