Nudge Challenge Week 65 = Finish

NUDGED: "Complete a sewing project"

BACKSTORY: I thought everyone started multiple sewing projects, worked on them, then started new ones when they were inspired. The pile of projects grows....but you are having fun! Apparently not everyone thinks this way. I learned I am "special" at a Craft Day last week. Other people who attended had ONE project they were working on, and only started a new project once they finished one. I brought over 10 projects with me to the event, and have more projects in progress at home. I think I have a problem. My challenge for the week is to just get ONE sewing project done.

QUOTE: "Much of the stress that people feel doesn't come from having too much to do. It comes from not finishing what they've started." - David Allen

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WEEK: I selected this nudge on Sunday and got to work on it right away when I had some free time. I enjoyed sewing all afternoon and evening and I FINISHED sewing one blanket. WHAT?! I was tempted to start something else once I got close to finishing, but I stuck with it.

Picture of zebra and denim quilt
My pretty - a finished blanket!!

It felt so good to finish one blanket that I decided to see how many more I could finish this week. Luckily (?) we got a blizzard and very cold weather, so I was forced to stay home on Friday and Saturday. I finished three more blankets! It was a lot of fun too!

Picture of four completed blankets
Four COMPLETED blankets! Take that, blizzard!

LESSONS LEARNED: 

1) While I was sewing, I was thinking about my tendency to not finish projects. I realized that my "non-completion" of projects is not just an issue with sewing. I also have this happening with too many crochet projects, books, and daily writing prompts books. I am going to pay more attention to this now and try to stick with one thing as long as I can before starting something else. Expect to see future nudges in these areas!

2) This 52 Nudges project really helped me with my 2019 theme of "Be Brave". My word for 2020 is "Passion" and I learned this week that I can use nudges (drawn or decided) to help me pursue my goals for this year. For example, this nudge encouraged me to finish sewing blankets which helps get me on track to my yearly goal of completing and donating 20 blankets in 2020. I like that I can make this nudges challenge personal and very useful to me!

NEXT UP: I drew a new nudge from my wooden box for the week, after deciding on a new nudge for last week. The nudge I drew is to "Pray every day". I have a prayer closet and haven't used it as faithfully as I should, so this nudge will hopefully get me back in the habit!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1, Nudge 1 = "Change My Routine"

Nudge Challenge Week 81 = Picnic

Nudge Challenge Week 25 = Capturing Joy