Nudge Challenge Week 46 = Jewelry

NUDGE: "Wear nice jewelry"

BACKSTORY: I have a large collection of necklaces, bracelets and rings, most of which have been given to me over the years as gifts or are heirlooms from family members who have passed away. These pieces are special to me or are too flashy, so I never wear them. They spend their days in my dark jewelry box. Never worn....until this week! Instead of wearing the same necklaces and rings, for this nudge, I will try wearing other pieces. How will it feel? Will other people notice? Why don't I wear these special pieces more?

QUOTE: "Jewelry has the power to be this one little thing that can make you feel unique." - Jennie Kwon

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WEEK: 
  • I wore my gold necklace that has the word "Brave" printed on it. I bought this necklace in 2018 in preparation for my 2019 theme of "Brave". I thought I would wear it all the time to remind myself of my intentions.....but I have only worn it a few times in almost a year! I don't wear it more because I don't want to explain what it means to strangers. But, I did it! I wore it for an entire day, twice this week. No one asked me what it meant. I should wear it more often!
  • I wore my pink conch shell bracelet that I got in the Caribbean this past winter. My thoughts were with the people of the Caribbean as they were enduring a hurricane that day. I realized I don't wear this bracelet more often because I am worried I will lose it. It is very special to me! 
  • Still thinking about the people of the Caribbean, I wore my silver and turquoise ring from our first Caribbean trip this week. Honestly, I don't wear it more because I forget I have it! It was fun to wear it though. I really liked seeing the extra "bling" on my hand! 
  • I wore a fancy green necklace, which is much bigger and flashier than what I normally wear (see pic below!). I struggled to find an outfit to wear it with that morning. Apparently, difficulty in coordinating jewelry with my clothing is another reason I don't wear different pieces.
  • I wore my super fancy black and white necklace this week too, along with three small silver bracelets. I felt really dressed up but think I looked nice that day.
  • I wore a colorful shell necklace from my Mom that is very sentimental for me. I wore it on my birthday and was happy to have it on to be reminded of her. 
Flashy green necklace. Does this match? I don't know!

LESSONS LEARNED: Wear what I have. Jewelry is meant to be worn and it helps me remember people who are special to me. Wearing it makes me feel special too.

NEXT UP: "Ask for something big and face rejection". We'll see how this one goes! I was inspired to try this nudge from hearing a story of a man who asked for things every day, anticipating getting a "no" response so he could work on accepting rejection. Except, many times people said yes! At this point, I don't have any ideas on what I will ask for. It will be an interesting week then!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1, Nudge 1 = "Change My Routine"

Nudge Challenge Week 81 = Picnic

Nudge Challenge Week 25 = Capturing Joy