Nudge Challenge Week 42 = LOL

NUDGED: "What makes me laugh? Laugh out loud this week"

BACKSTORY: LOL or "Laugh Out Loud" is a commonly used abbreviation, but am I really laughing out loud anymore? I noticed I laugh less as I get older. I don't know if this is due to aging, or because of the internet which offers MANY, MANY hilarious memes, images and jokes, that I take in on a daily basis. Am I just desensitized to funny now? It was time to get laughing again with the nudge this week!

QUOTE: "The person who can bring the spirit of laughter into a room is indeed blessed." - Bennett Cerf

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WEEK: I pondered what makes me laugh this week, and came up with many answers. I watched some online videos of comedians that I like and found myself laughing at their material. I also find Pinterest fail pictures funny too (maybe because I can relate!). There are many funny things on the interwebs, but the key is finding things that make YOU smile or laugh.

I also revisited good, clean jokes this week. I used to have a bunch of kids jokes memorized for my days as a camp counselor or when working with kids. I haven't used many of them in awhile so it was fun to recall my favorites. 

My favorite clean kids joke: What's brown and sticky? A stick!

Another favorite joke: Why did the cookie go to the doctor? He was feeling crumby. 

LESSONS LEARNED: It feels good to laugh. My life is too serious sometimes and laughter is very much needed. It is a cheap way to help my mood improve when work is stressful. Bottom line - I need to not take myself so seriously and laugh more.

NEXT UP: I will be focusing on my dreams this week per the next nudge that was drawn. It is to keep a dream log and research what they mean. This could be VERY interesting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1, Nudge 1 = "Change My Routine"

Nudge Challenge Week 81 = Picnic

Nudge Challenge Week 25 = Capturing Joy