Nudge Challenge = Review Week!

Well, this week did not go as planned. It was a busy week for me with work and preparations to be out of town, then I was at a conference for the rest of the week on the other side of the state. I returned late Friday evening and planned to sit for 30 minutes in beautiful weather at a local park on Saturday to complete this nudge. I was looking forward to that quiet time after a busy, crazy week...but then the weather changed my plans!

I got up Saturday morning and discovered it was cold, snowing, and windy. I would not be sitting in a park today or even leaving the house. It was a good day to hibernate!

This means, for the first time, I was not able to complete my nudge for the week (gasp!). But, I am giving myself grace due to the timing of my trip and a weather system. Instead, I decided to take some quiet time at home (under a blanket with a warm drink!) to review my nudges challenge so far. How am I doing? What changes has it made in my life? What nudges have stuck long-term and which ones were one-hit wonders?

Things I have kept up with after the nudge challenge week ended:
  • being flexible if my routine changes
  • trying new recipes and foods
  • forgiving people
  • flossing (but not regularly!)
  • throwing items out as needed (thanks Marie Kondo!)
  • wearing baseball hats more often
  • not over-apologizing but thanking others instead
  • complaining less (but I still have my moments!!)

Things I haven't done again after the nudge week ended:
  • wearing nail polish on my fingernails
  • playing my flute
  • putting together a puzzle (except doing little ones with my nieces)
  • painting or doing crafts on my own for fun
  • using my cool bluetooth headset at the gym
  • reading new blogs

Overall lessons I've gained in 28 weeks:

  1. I learn something new each week, whether it is how to better myself or some random lesson that surprises me. I like learning and feel like this challenge has made me a better, smarter, happier person overall. 
  2. I am being brave and getting out of my comfort zone. "Brave" is my word for 2019 and this has helped me so much to be more courageous and try new things. It inspires me to continue to be more brave as I gain confidence each week. I can do more than I think! 
  3. I am always thinking about this project and gathering info and new ideas when it pops up. I will read something in a book that reminds me of a nudge or come across a quote that I can use in the future. My mind is always connecting the dots. 


New nudges that have been added to my list recently:
  • Eat from a food truck (I've never done this!)
  • No lying for one week / always tell the truth
  • Take risks with money (buying a lottery ticket or gambling?)
  • List 3 moments of joy every day 
  • Continue to learn and use Spanish for one week 
  • Go to a new place in town that I haven't been to yet (Butterfly House?, etc)
  • Learn the capitals of every state (I missed this in school!)
  • Work on increasing simplicity in my life
  • Learn names of people I come in contact with (mailman, coffee server, store clerks)
  • Say scary words that I don't use often (like "welcome" or "love")

Thanks for joining me on this journey! I'm looking forward to what's ahead. Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1, Nudge 1 = "Change My Routine"

Nudge Challenge Week 81 = Picnic

Nudge Challenge Week 25 = Capturing Joy