Lists, Family, Friends



Oh man. Yesterday I created an Epic List of Quests that I want to complete in my lifetime, thanks to the inspiration from Nerd Fitness and the founder’s new book. My list both inspires me and terrifies me. It includes all the things I have always said I wanted to do (but never do!) and all the things I have never verbalized that I wanted to do (but want to do). I am hoping it will keep me accountable and make my life more fun! One of the quests I have is to write a little every day. Enter this blog.

Today is Thursday, which is also known as Grandma Lunch Day! We have a standing date each week to have lunch together, which she makes at her apartment and I eat. It works well for both of us. I really enjoy this time each week to connect with her and any other family members that come (cousins, uncles, friends, neighbors). I get caught up on all the latest family gossip during our meal and have a chance to discuss what is happening in my life to a very sympathetic ear. She is so special to me. Grandma is 91 years old so I need to enjoy this time together and appreciate each week we are able to do this!  

Last night, my friend and I went to the gym together and spent time talking as we walked on treadmills. I was so happy she invited me to come along and had a good time. It was great multi-tasking – connecting and getting fit! I admitted to her that I have not been a very good friend and struggle cultivating friendships. I find I am hesitant to reach out and make plans with friends as most have children and lots of responsibilities. I understand they are busy and usually wait until invited to connect with them.  She understood what I was saying. She just gets me. I am so lucky to have such a good friend as her! I am also super impressed by her motivation right now to get to the gym most days of the week. She is a badass too – she was able to run longer than me, even as a beginner!!

I finally figured out a little way to connect better with my coworkers. I started taking my lunch to work and eating there instead of going home each day to let the dog out. When it’s this cold, the dog doesn’t want to go out anyway and I wasted half my lunch hour! This time at work gives me an opportunity to talk to different people while they heat up their lunch. It’s one more little way to get to know people better.  Little steps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1, Nudge 1 = "Change My Routine"

Nudge Challenge Week 81 = Picnic

Nudge Challenge Week 25 = Capturing Joy