Let's go - Happy 2016!

It's time! After weeks of planning and preparations, the new year has come and time for my new theme of "connect" to be put into action. I am excited to see how this year goes, but nervous at the same time.

Despite not feeling well for a portion of the day, I still managed to start on my theme! While my husband was busy enjoying a day with his friends, I spent the day working on my hobbies to connect with my passion. I did some writing, reading, worked on a puzzle, watched a movie, and took a bath. It was a good day! I also connected with online friends to get suggestions and resources for my theme, as well as offered my recommendations for those that were curious and didn't want to ask. This was also a scary step for me to take, but it was necessary and important. If I can only help one person, my vulnerability was worth it.

I decided being vulnerable and opening up to share my truth would be a big part of connecting with others. Inspiration is so weird - you never know who or what will inspire others and the the "spark" for them. I never could have guessed it would be some internet stranger from New York that would inspire me to want to be a strong woman and motivate me for a fun fitness journey. I had no idea that person would lead me to another group who would lead me to another role model, whose training plans and advice have changed my life.

I am thinking about this today as an online friend posted today about me inspiring her to pick her own guiding word for the year. She had some great thoughts, and I am so honored that a random post from me would spark something in her. That she would have an idea and make a post that would give others the idea and it spreads... Again, inspiration is weird.

I am feeling grateful tonight then that our world is connected and we can help others. It's time to use technology to get us all re-acquainted and sharing ideas again, instead of being isolated in our own houses and feeling lonely. Why not use that technology to better ourselves and our world?! It sounds pretty contrary. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1, Nudge 1 = "Change My Routine"

Nudge Challenge Week 81 = Picnic

Nudge Challenge Week 25 = Capturing Joy