Nudge Challenge Week 14 = Puzzling

NUDGED: "Put together a puzzle"

BACKSTORY: Working on puzzles was something I enjoyed doing in the past, but haven't made time for it in awhile. I keep myself busy working on other things and those things are usually not fun hobbies. One of the goals of this "nudges" challenge was to have more joy in my life, and this nudge is a perfect example of doing just that!

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WEEK: 

Great timing for this nudge! I have been sensing dark clouds on my emotional horizon and have been trying to "stay light" and into hobbies I enjoy to resist the darkness. I needed a project that prioritized fun.

The challenge this week was to make time for myself. I had to set aside my to do list and my need to be productive, and focus on one activity that was fun for me. I prioritized myself...and it wasn't easy!

I started a puzzle on Sunday afternoon and worked on it during free moments the next few days. I was hoping to get it done within the week and I did! The puzzle was completed on Wednesday night.

Pics or it didn't happen! Before and after. 

I really liked my time working on it. I listened to podcasts while I kept my hands busy and had some quiet moments to think too. I noticed I sent less time on social media this week as I focused on one thing. My mind didn't feel so cluttered and stressed!

LESSONS LEARNED: What are my priorities? What am I doing with my time? Do I spend enough time on my hobbies? These are questions I pondered this week and it was really eye-opening. Lesson: take more time for me and doing things that make me happy. I can't work all the time and the chores will still be there later.

NEXT UP: The next nudge is something I have been meaning to work on and have been trying to figure out for the last few weeks: "figure out new Bluetooth headset". It's time to stop thinking about it, and take action!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1, Nudge 1 = "Change My Routine"

Nudge Challenge Week 81 = Picnic

Nudge Challenge Week 25 = Capturing Joy