Hands

I have been thinking about hands today. Strange, yes. :) The year 2015 started with my hands symbolically closed and clenched tight around the things I hold dear. I was afraid to lose anything so I held it all as tight as I could. It was exhausting. I am ending the year with my hands symbolically open and palms facing upward in surrender. Through my "let it go" theme that rocked me to the core, I learned to release and let go and let God.

For example, I held on tight to money and tried to control it. Our finances had a strict budget which was regularly kept in check, until health issues came up. My view was changed and I had to let go and trust there would be enough to get by. I learned that it would be okay, even when the balance in the account is just a fraction of the number I hoped to see. There was freedom in surrender. 

My hope for 2016 is that my open hand would again be transformed in ways I can't imagine right now. My word is "connect" for the new year, so I hope to find my hand embracing others and surrounded by other welcoming and supportive hands. I can't wait to see where this theme takes me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1, Nudge 1 = "Change My Routine"

Nudge Challenge Week 81 = Picnic

Nudge Challenge Week 25 = Capturing Joy