Nudge Challenge Week 99 = Basket O'Fun

NUDGED: "Put together a gift basket for myself"

BACKSTORY: I have come across a handful of special baskets at other peoples' houses. Instead of being decorative, these baskets have been put to use and filled with all kinds of good things. They are mobile fun units. They are usually located in the living room, and contain things such as coloring books, colored pencils, books, art supplies, etc.. The baskets can be pulled out and enjoyed at any time. I really like this idea but never created one for myself....until this nudge!

QUOTE: "Never, ever underestimate the importance of having fun." - Randy Pausch

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WEEK: This was a fun nudge to tackle! I first found a blue plastic tote that was storing holiday decorations, and moved those items into a cloth bag. I really wanted to use what I had available and not spend any money on completing this nudge. 

I then laid out all the fun things I enjoy doing in my free time. This included coloring books and colored pencils, word search, candle, book, daily writing prompts book, yarn and crochet hook, hand-lettering book, and a blank notebook. It felt like I was packing for a trip, finding items for entertainment on a plane or a long car ride.

All these items were arranged and moved into my blue tote. I decided to keep it in my office for now, but the location of this tote may move in the future (to the bedroom? living room?). 

Blue tote of fun things
Happy blue tote of fun things

I had the chance to use it this week too! One evening, I had some extra time before bed. I pulled out my tote and began work on one of the fun things. It was great! I liked that it was all contained in one area, so I could easily see my choices and pick what I wanted to do.

LESSONS LEARNED: I need to make more time for fun things, and this basket definitely helped as a visual reminder. I also realized I need to utilize my free time to enjoy my hobbies, and not just find more chores around the house to do. Having fun is important! 

NEXT UP: I can't believe I have now completed 99 nudges! That's so amazing! I have grown so much because of this project, and really explored outside of my comfort zone. For my 100th nudge, and last one before a much-needed break, I  plan to "review all my nudges" and spend some time looking ahead at possible future projects.

Thanks for reading! I appreciate your support!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1, Nudge 1 = "Change My Routine"

Nudge Challenge Week 81 = Picnic

Nudge Challenge Week 25 = Capturing Joy