Nudge Challenge Week 86 = Good Stuff

NUDGED: "Use good china and glasses"

BACKSTORY: We have cabinets full of beautiful dishes that we don't use very often. They might be taken out and used when we are hosting a large holiday gathering at our house, but are otherwise always kept in the cabinets. I was nudged this week to use them without having a big occasion. Even if it was just the two of us having dinner on a normal day. I don't need to keep things for only "special" occasions. Every day is special - right?

QUOTE: "The question of what you want to own is actually the question of how you want to live your life." - Marie Kondo


HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WEEK: It took us until Saturday night to complete this nudge. We are so in the habit of using our normal dishes that this nudge slipped my mind most of the week.

On Saturday, we got take-out from Famous Dave's and ate our food from the feast platter on our fancy white plates. It was fun!

Picture of a table with fancy dishes
So fancy.

LESSONS LEARNED: I was surprised to discover that while it was fun to use our fancy dishes for once, it is not something I feel we need to do often. We are happy with our regular dishes, so why change it?! We plan to keep them for special occasions.

NEXT UP: My next nudge could prove very challenging, but I am willing to give it a try! It is "teach Coco a new trick". She is 11 years old and hasn't been taught any new training in many years. Can you teach old dogs new tricks? I anticipate lots of quality time with her this week as I seek to find out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1, Nudge 1 = "Change My Routine"

Nudge Challenge Week 81 = Picnic

Nudge Challenge Week 25 = Capturing Joy