Taking Action

The emphasis in my life lately has been on taking action and completing items on my epic quest list, but not so much on blogging about my adventures. Sorry. Let me catch you up!


I discovered that some items on my list require multiple steps and may take a long time to accomplish. This makes me impatient as I enjoy quick victories (who doesn't?!) but I keep going as I will get to my destination step by step. My goal is to read 25 books in 2016. This takes awhile - it can't be done overnight! I read most days of the week and really enjoy the books I have read so far, but I can't cross this item off the list for awhile. It takes time. It will happen soon though as I just finished book #24! I am also working towards doing my first unassisted pull-up. I do strength training for this often and have been working on this goal for almost a year. I continue to be patient (most days!!) and put the work in to ensure the time will come. Eventually.


What have I accomplished recently?
  • I tried archery and shot a BB gun for the first time in my life on a women’s try-it day. I was brave!! I actually enjoyed archery, even though I wasn’t very good, or the targets weren't big enough. :)
  • I started a conversation with a stranger at an event and learned about her life. It made me appreciate my own life even more as she spoke of the recent death of her sister and best friend.
  • I met my goal of connecting with at least one person per day for 30 days. It took some effort and vulnerability, but the connections were worth the effort. My understanding increased of others as well as myself in relation to them.
  • I worked on more sewing projects, including blankets, pillowcase dress, totes, and a cover for a stand. I learn something new with each item created. Homemade doesn't have to be perfect!
  • I hosted a ladies crafting party at my house! I have wanted to do this for years and finally did it! We had so much fun and plan to do it again soon!
  • It sounds insignificant but we got our carpets professionally cleaned. It was an item we had been putting off for awhile and finally did it. I am so glad we did! Much better!!
What am I currently working on? I continue to read books in my collection, work on fitness goals and completing "nagging" items on my long term to do list. It's been fun to cross things off!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1, Nudge 1 = "Change My Routine"

Nudge Challenge Week 81 = Picnic

Nudge Challenge Week 25 = Capturing Joy