Warmth and Secrets



Winter marches on here and I am enjoying all the warm things during these cold days. My favorites include hot chocolate, a little space heater under my desk at work, and an electric blanket at home. The snow looks really beautiful when it is falling and you can stay home and be warm. It loses its appeal pretty quickly when you are forced to go out in it!  


My year’s theme of connecting is always in the back of my mind. It takes on many forms, from connecting with friends and strangers, to connecting with my inner most self, and even connecting with any heat sources too. I stumbled across a website that encourages participants to write a letter and mail/hand deliver it each day in February. I was intrigued by this idea initially and thought seriously about participating. It would be a good way to connect with different people daily, and incorporates my love of written words. I ultimately decided against participating as I don’t want the pressure on myself to write each day, and honestly I don’t know what I would write about or who I would write too. I still like the idea though, and may include it into this year’s theme at the right, inspired time.


I am reading a book right now on secrets. Sometimes when you share your secrets and are vulnerable with people, you connect with them in unbelievable ways. There is freedom in sharing our stories and letting others be honest with us too. Other times when you share your secrets, you get embarrassed and teased. You feel more isolated. It is really difficult to know when to open up and when to stay silent – at least it is for me.


It has been a rough few weeks for me. My husband has some health concerns popping up again, and like a good wife, my health has decided to join him. Even though I work hard to exercise and eat right, I found out yesterday that my body is in a “pre-diabetes” state. This was really difficult for me to accept. I am very needle-phobic, and dread having to do testing and shots. I will be taking a pill once a day then to try to keep it under control. I am praying that will solve my problem for awhile. I am totally confused now on what to eat but very thankful for an internets full of knowledge. I will need to sort through to discern the opinions from the facts. It should be interesting. I think the goal is to find the right balance of diet and exercise that makes me happy mentally and makes my body feel happy too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1, Nudge 1 = "Change My Routine"

Nudge Challenge Week 81 = Picnic

Nudge Challenge Week 25 = Capturing Joy